Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We Never Go Out of Style


by Meaghan Angers
The dress. The tux. The hair. The nails. The shoes. The pictures. All for that One. Memorable. Prom.
The Class of 2016 Junior Prom took place on April 10 at the Hilton Plaza. The event was filled with pictures, laughter, and lots of dancing. The night was a memorable evening where everyone looked beautiful and handsome. The dresses were colorful and fit everyone’s personality.
Jojo Mandra, Sydney Young, Arianna Ramirez, Alexa Vargas, and Mollie Fraser looked absolutely stunning in their dresses that fit them perfectly. Chris and Brian Kenton pulled off the white tuxedos to look like Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill from 22 Jump Street
Getting ready to head to the Junior Prom: photo by Ben Farrell

As for myself, my mind was set on finding a dress that looked like Taylor’s Swift dress at the White Winter Gala in 2013. I searched online and found worldcelebritydresses.com (I highly recommend looking at because the dresses are made well and cheap for the quality). World Celebrity Dresses remakes dresses and on there I was able to find dozen of Taylor Swift dresses and the one I wanted!
 The dinner was a buffet with choices of chicken parmesan, vegetable lasagna, potatoes, string beans, salad, and bread. Couples and friends sat together and enjoyed the meal. Particularly at my table, the conversation was focused on the interesting center pieces composed of clear gel vase fillers, which we threw at one another.
DJ Dan played a mixture of techno songs, popular songs from the radio, and oldies. Some highlights were “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars, “Style” by Taylor Swift, “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Colorblind, and “Rather Be” by New Eyes. The slow songs consisted of “Drops of Jupiter” by Train, “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran. The dance ended with the slow song “Earned It” by The Weekend.
The main feature of the night was the photo booth. The photo booth allowed students to take home photos while having fun. Props, such as hats, glasses, and feather boas were provided for students to act goofy and have a little fun with their pictures. The photo booth provided the students to take a break from dancing and continue the fun as they got to dress up and take pictures with friends.
Me showing off my boot: photo by Joe Brown/ joebrownphotos.com
The highlight of my night, however, was when Madeline DiMauro, Ms. Smith, and I had to go out to the car to get my boot.
Two days before prom, I had to get a walking boot due to a stress fracture. Instead of wearing it all night I decided to wear my heels up until the point where it really hurt. After “Style” by Taylor Swift came on, I went “too hard” and ended up in a lot of pain and had to get the boot.
Walking out to the car, Madeline and I saw the gazebo and took a really cute picture. After avoiding jumping into the pool (because it was really hot) and the silent auction going on, we got back up to the dance floor and encountered the photo booth again. My group of friends decided to do something fun with the photo booth and my boot and decided to pick me up and show off my boot and of course Joe Brown came to take a photo.
After all the stress and anticipation that went into planning it, junior prom has come and gone. The Bulls’ Eye Staff hopes everyone had a safe, fun, and memorable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Columns