Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Goodbye high school, hello college

by Gabby Lucci
Today is the seniors' final day of school. It is crazy how fast time passes and we are finally leaving. Today when I walked into the school I saw a group of girls crying and guys surrounding them. The guys were trying to comfort them but they didn’t really understand why they were crying. Of course the guys are trying to be a lot tougher than they actually are. Everyone is taking us leaving pretty hard.
Mrs. Gillis read her final essay from high school to us today in class and it was pretty emotional. The journey that we have all been on throughout these four years of high school is over. We are done. It’s time to start a new journey in our long lives. Everyone will be taking different paths but the mixed emotions we are all feeling are the same. We want to leave and start something new but going to school is all we know.
Even though this is our final day of actual school we still have finals and senior week to go through. Prom is next Thursday and graduation still isn’t for a few more weeks. We will be seeing our underclassmen friends still and even though it’s sad to be leaving them, they will stay in our hearts. I have a lot of friends that aren’t seniors and every single one of them have been coming up to me and telling me they want me to fail so I cannot leave. It’s a sweet sentiment and I know they will all miss me and I’ll miss them. My friends were the only thing that even got me through high school and I will have to make all new ones in college.

I’m going to love my friends new and old all the same. These last few weeks of belonging to Woburn High are going to be bittersweet and I will love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Columns